Terminator - TEN
The Terminator-TEN is a Single Volume Single Tone System with 5-Way Selector Switch for Humbucker - Single - Humbucker equipped instruments. We consider the Terminator-TEN, which is a combination of the 5/3 and 5/3M systems, our pinnacle system.
Inspired after a conversation with Steve Vai, Electric Ed designed the Terminator-TEN the following day. In standard operation mode the Goes to Eleven Volume Pot is at 500k and the Terminator Ten 5-Way Selector Switch has the following pickup combinations:
- Position One - Bridge Humbucker
- Position Two - Bridge Humbucker & Middle Single Coil
- Position Three - Bridge and Neck Humbuckers
- Position Four - Neck Humbucker & Middle Single Coil
- Position Five - Neck Humbucker
Engage the Terminator-TEN P/P Pot and turn your guitar into a Strat by changing the value of the Goes to Eleven Volume Pot from 500k to 250k and now having the following pickup combinations with Terminator-TEN 5-Way Selector Switch:
- Position One - Bridge Humbucker Split
- Position Two - Bridge Humbucker Split & Middle Single Coil
- Position Three - Middle Single Coil
- Position Four - Neck Humbucker Split & Middle Single Coil
- Position Five - Neck Humbucker Split
With the Terminator-TEN it's like having a Dual Humbucker guitar and Strat in the one guitar!
The Terminator-TEN is specifically designed for instruments with two humbucker pickups with coil splitting options in the bridge and neck positions, and a single coil in the middle position. This instrument would utilize a single volume control and a single tone control.
- One Terminator "Goes 2/11 Volume" Pot
- One Terminator-TEN Yin-Yang P/P Pot
- Mad Hatter Switchcraft Output Jack
- Terminator-TEN 5-Way Selector Switch
- Two Polypropylene Tone Capacitors, a .022uF and a .047uF to help find just the right tone.
- Wiring Instructions
The Terminator-TEN "Yin-Yang" P/P comes standard as a Push/Pull Pot. It is also available in a Push/Push option. Both require a 3/8" clearance mounting hole.
The Terminator-TEN Selector Switch and "Yin-Yang P/P Tone Pot is specific to the Ten system and can not be interchanged with other systems.
***This system requires 1.5" of clearance within in the control cavity for the switch. May not fit in some Ibanez S-Series guitars.***