Luminator - TEN
The Luminator TEN is based on our Terminator TEN System with the same functions, but using the Lumintor Switch instead of a P/P Pot.
Inspired by conversations Electric Ed had with Steve Vai, the TEN System is the Ultimate System for HSH equipped Guitars with a Single Volume Single Tone and 5-Way Selector Switch.
With the Luminator Touch Capacitance Switch in standard Humbucker mode (Blue) the Goes to Eleven Volume Pot is at 500k and the Terminator Ten 5-Way Selector Switch has the following pickup combinations:
- Position One - Bridge Humbucker
- Position Two - Bridge Humbucker & Middle Single Coil
- Position Three - Bridge and Neck Humbuckers
- Position Four - Neck Humbucker & Middle Single Coil
- Position Five - Neck Humbucker
Then with a simple touch of the Luminator Touch Capacitance Switch you change to Strat mode (Red) with the value of the Goes to Eleven Volume Pot changing from 500k to 250k and now having the following pickup combinations with Terminator-TEN 5-Way Selector Switch:
- Position One - Bridge Humbucker Split
- Position Two - Bridge Humbucker Split & Middle Single Coil
- Position Three - Middle Single Coil
- Position Four - Neck Humbucker Split & Middle Single Coil
- Position Five - Neck Humbucker Split
With the Luminator TEN System it's like having a Dual Humbucker guitar and Strat in the one guitar!
The Luminator TEN is specifically designed for instruments with two humbucker pickups with coil splitting options in the bridge and neck positions, and a single coil in the middle position. This instrument would utilize a single volume control and a single tone control.
- Luminator System with Touch Capacitance Switch and Switch Board
- One Terminator "Goes 2/11 Volume" Pot
- One Terminator "Killer Tone" Pot
- Mad Hatter Switchcraft Output Jack
- Terminator-TEN 5-Way Selector Switch
- Two Polypropylene Tone Capacitors, a .022uF and a .047uF to help find just the right tone.
- Wiring Instructions
*The Luminator Touch Capacitance Switch requires a 5/8" hole for mounting into the guitar, 9VDC power source, and room for the Luminator Switch/Terminal Board that measures 1 5/16" (8mm) x 1" (25.5mm) x 9/16" (14.3mm)*
**The Luminator Touch Capacitance Switch can create a auditable pop that may be heard when not playing. See video demos for more information.**
***This system requires 1.5" of clearance within in the control cavity for the switch. May not fit in some Ibanez S-Series guitars.***
Luminator-TEN Video Demo Comming Soon!
Terminator-TEN Video Demos: